Identity theft? Cyberfraud? Email spam? Take defensive measures to protect yourself and your family. Because internet attacks are a growing and costly problem, The Citizens Bank is making a free online security course available to our customers right here on our website. This course will help to educate you about safe online banking practices, and also about passwords, giving out personal information, protecting children online, protecting your identity, securing your computer and home network, spam viruses and more such as opening up email and attachments.
Being informed about how to protect yourself against cyber-risks can be a key defense against fraud and identity theft. This course is for all members of your family who are regularly on the internet and is based on real-life stories. It is taught by Kevin Mitnick, an American computer security consultant, best selling author and known as the world’s “most famous hacker”.May 2, 2016 10:00 am
Go on a saving spree with a Cash Stash account, now improved to help you save even faster. Every time you use your debit card as a credit transaction, the purchase amount is rounded up to the next dollar with the difference going in your Cash Stash account. Then, as an added bonus, we match your round-up savings by 10 percent. It only takes $25 to open and your Cash Stash account starts earning interest daily that is compounded quarterly. Matched funds are credited to your account on the first of each new quarter.
If you have more than three withdrawals or transfers in any quarter, or if the balance drops below $25, there is a $5.00 activity fee applied.
Contact your local branch or call us if you have questions about how Cash Stash works, current rates and fees, and see how small change can make a big change in your savings account balance. Round up to the dollar with the account that gets around.February 3, 2016 12:21 pm
Since 2005, The Citizens Bank has awarded one $1,000 to a high school junior or senior in each of the counties we operate in, with an additional $500 contribution provided to each school the scholarship winners attend. The program is simple. For every “A” you make, you can enter to win, all year long. The more A’s, the more entries you have, and the greater your chances. Just bring in your report card to your local branch. This year’s deadline to enter is the second week of June, and 13 $1,000 scholarships will be awarded along with 13 $500 school contributions.
Jackie Hester, Vice President and Marketing Director at The Citizens Bank, said, “The scholarship program will continue, and its success has evolved into our working to come up with additional ways to support our schools, including the School Stash debit card program.” Hester noted that among the educational or youth organizations that receive financial support or sponsorships from The Citizens Bank includes 4-H Clubs, Boys & Girls Club, Boy Scouts of America, Girl Scouts, Distinguished Young Women, Mississippi School Nutrition and United Way, “just to name a few”.
“In our role as an independent community bank, The Citizens Bank believes our investment in our children and their education is an investment in the future,” she said. So if you’re a Junior or a Senior, study hard. You make every day count. We’ll make each “A” count!December 28, 2015 12:10 pm
The Citizens Bank believes that it is our responsibility as a local community bank to help our customers reach their financial goals in new and innovative ways. A perfect example is our new Credit Boost CD. If you have no credit or need to rebuild your credit, we invite you to sit down and discuss this product with us. It’s a unique personal loan backed by a Certificate of Deposit that is designed to help you establish a good payment history, an important step in building a higher credit score.
As you grow, so do your credit needs. From a mortgage or car loan to better insurance rates or even looking better to employers, a strong credit score is a must. You rate number one with the people in your life. Isn’t it time you gave yourself some well-earned credit? Stop by or call your local branch today to get the boost you deserve.April 20, 2015 10:26 am
For many college students, they don’t just want a diploma. They want a purpose. That’s why we are now bringing more to college savings with the introduction of College Bonus Savings, because students that expect more from life, give more to our communities.
The Citizens Bank’s new College Bonus Savings Account gives you the chance to do more than save for college for your children. Open an account by their 10th birthday, save the monthly minimum amount each year, and we will give you a $1000 bonus when your child turns 18 plus interest.
It’s not just an education. For them, it’s a dream. We look at it as our way of investing in the future of our hometowns. Because we know that their passion is our future.
WITH THE NEW SPROUT SAVINGS ACCOUNT, OUR GIFT TO YOU IS THE FIRST $100 FOR YOUR LITTLE SPROUT UP TO AGE SIX MONTHS.November 21, 2014 2:18 pm
The Citizens Bank believes there’s no more satisfying investment than a child’s future. And none that gives greater returns. That’s why we started Sprout and why we jumpstart your child’s savings by investing the first $100 when the account is opened for newborns up to age six months.
It’s the savings account that stays a notch above so you can stay a step ahead and sleep a little better knowing you are prepared for your child’s future.
It’s in our nature to invest in our children. Stop by your local branch to open the account that never stops growing. For all the money you’ll spend on what your child grows out of, this is the savings account for all that they’ll grow into.October 9, 2014 9:24 am
Visit and like us on Facebook to register to win an iPad Mini 7.9-inch tablet with Wi-Fi that fits big advantages into your day. Photos, videos and web sites look great on the brilliant display and getting things done looks easy banking right on your iPad Mini.
Just as our Online Banking will soon pack a powerful punch in a small package, the iPad Mini is perfectly sized for everything you love to do. We will be drawing for two iPad Mini tablets on Halloween, Oct. 31.
Citizens Fun Size Facebook Giveaway
Start Date: Thursday, October 16
End Date: Friday, October 31
It’s Easy To Enter
• “Like” The Citizens Bank Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/tcbphila)
• From October 16th to October 31st, you can register directly on our Facebook page for a chance to win (each Facebook profile can enter once per day) one of two iPad Mini tablets.
You Could Win
Following the end of the giveaway (5 pm CST on October 31), the two winners will be selected at random and will receive an iPad Mini 7.9-inch tablet.
• No purchase, banking relationship of any kind or payment of any kind necessary to enter or win this contest. Void in Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited or restricted by law.
• Eligibility: The 2014 Citizens Fun Size Giveaway is open only to legal residents of one of the 50 states of the United States or the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. (Proof of residency and age may be required.) Officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “employees”) of The Citizens Bank, and any members of their household or immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled are not eligible to enter or win.
• Entry Period: The 2014 Citizens Fun Size Giveaway begins October 16, 2014 at 8 am CST. The giveaway entry period concludes on October 31, 2014 at 5 pm CST.
• How To Enter: During the Entry Period, you can enter the Contest by visiting The Citizens Bank Facebook page. You will need to be a member of Facebook (becoming a Facebook member is free) and you will need to “like” The Citizens Bank Page in order to participate in the Contest. Once you “like” the Page in order to participate, you can register. You are allowed “one entry” per Facebook Profile “per day”. You will also receive “five bonus entries” for each giveaway entry made by one of your Facebook friends.
• Contest Restrictions: Limit one (1) Winner per person and per Facebook account/email address.• Winner Notification: Within 48 hours of the conclusion of the giveaway, the two winners will be selected at random and notified by phone or email.• General Conditions: By participating, participant agrees to be contacted by The Citizens Bank by email and telephone and that if participant is a giveaway winner, The Citizens Bank may use participant’s user name and biographical information (city and state) on The Citizens Bank Facebook page and web site in an announcement of the winner and prize.
• Personal Information: We use personal information collected in our giveaways and contests to contact the winners. We may also use such personal information to send you information electronically about us and our products and services, but we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving this information at any time after you first receive such information from us. We do not share or sell information about individuals who enter our giveaways and contests other than to contact a winner and arrange for fulfillment of a prize.
• Dispute Resolution: Any and all disputes with respect to this Giveaway will be resolved in the appropriate courts in the state of Mississippi exclusively, and subject to the laws of the State of Mississippi.
• The Contest is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
These days, we spend more time on our smart phones and tablets than ever before. And we’re doing more than just using them for talking, watching videos or playing games. We now use our mobile devices to surf the web…and to do our banking. That’s why The Citizens Bank is excited to announce a new and improved Online Banking with important enhancements making it easier and faster to use on all devices and screen sizes.
Online Banking is now just as easy to use on your mobile phone or tablet as your other devices. You will experience a consistent look and feel across all your devices and access your most commonly used transactions, all from a streamlined home page and menu and simplified navigation. The new Online Banking also features touchscreen technology, faster, easier Bill Pay functionality and improved Search capabilities to find your most important data. Need to contact your branch or find an ATM? You can now do that within online banking with new interactive maps always at your fingertips.
FOR US CONVENIENCE IS A CALLING.
Get the power of the new updated Online Banking today, now easy to use on any sized device. Our new Online Banking is just another example of our commitment to staying on top of technology so you can stay on top of your banking needs. No matter which device you are using.July 9, 2014 9:13 am
June 6, 2014 The Citizens Bank celebrated the grand opening of its newest full service branch, located at 15309 Lemoyne Boulevard, Biloxi, MS. Stop by and visit with our staff Jeff Hansen, Lisa Dornier, Deana Wilson, Tammy Warren and Ashley Hunter for all your banking needs.March 28, 2014 6:19 pm
Hunt for that great new place to eat or meet friends, instead of just a place to make deposits. Our mobile banking app now with mobile deposit and new mobile friendly website means that banking is always as close as your mobile phone. You can bank on your way out, instead of going out of your way.
With all that extra time, now you have time to join us in some fun.
Citizens Fun Hunt Facebook Contest
Start Date: Monday, April 7
End Date: Sunday, April 20
Check Our Facebook Page Daily For Clues!
Each day follow our clue, search our website, and be the first to answer to win a daily gift card to the best local dining and shopping.
To Enter the Contest
- “Like” The Citizens Bank Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/tcbphila)
- From April 7th to April 20th, watch our Facebook Page for a daily post. The post will be made at a random time during the day each of the 14 days. It will include a question, or Fun Fact, that can be answered by searching our web site (www.thecitizensbankphila.com)
- The Facebook Fan to be the first to post the correct answer to the daily Fun Fact Question is the winner and will be notified via a post on our Facebook Page with instructions for claiming your prize.
The Contest Daily Prize Winner each day will receive a $50 Gift Certificate or Gift Card to the local merchant of their choice (restaurant, retailer or other venue). A total of 14 Winners will be awarded with a daily $50 Gift Card. The Winners should expect to receive their Prize in the mail within 30 days.
2014 Citizens Fun Hunt Contest Official Rules
- No purchase or payment of any kind necessary to enter or win this contest. Void in Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Entry Period: The 2014 Citizens Fun Hunt Contest is open only to legal residents of one of the 50 states of the United States or the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. (Proof of residency and age may be required.) Officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “employees”) of The Citizens Bank, and any members of their household or immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled are not eligible to enter or win.
- How To Enter: During the Entry Period, you can enter the Contest by visiting The Citizens Bank Facebook page. You will need to be a member of Facebook (becoming a Facebook member is free) and you will need to “like” The Citizens Bank Page in order to participate in the Contest. Once you “like” the Page in order to participate, you must be the first to post the correct answer to the daily Fun Fact Question in order to win.
- Contest Restrictions: Limit one (1) Winner per person and per Facebook account/email address.
- Winner Notification: Within 24 hours of the winning answer, we will post the winner on our Facebook Page with instructions for claiming your prize. Once notified, simply email Rachel Cherry at email@example.com with your name, address, phone number and she will give you information on how to claim your prize which will be mailed to you within 30 days.
- Winners List. To see a list of Contest Winners, please visit The Citizens Bank blog on our web site (www.thecitizensbankphila.com/news) following final determination of the winners and posting of the winners on the Facebook page.
- The Contest is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.